Saturday 3 June 2017

Sparklea - Harry Potter Collection

“Mr. and Mrs. Dursley, of number four Privet Drive, were proud to say that they were perfectly normal, thank you very much.”
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone

Those are the words that started us on our magical journey with Harry and co, and from there the fandom has grown and grown.  At the beginning of the year when Sparklea Nail Polish announced that she was releasing a Harry Potter collection, I was right there in line ready to get my hands on these magical polishes.

Sparklea-Harry-Potter.jpg
 It's difficult to know where to start with this collection as every single one is so pretty.

Sparklea-Gryffindor.jpg


Gryffindor is a beautiful deep scarlet red with gold glitter to represent the house colours.  How could you not feel brave and daring wearing such a beautiful polish?  I've used two coats here, and a top coat to smooth out any bumps from the glitter.

Sparklea-Hufflepuff.jpg

Hufflepuff is such a pretty golden yellow with holographic glitter mixed in.  Yellow isn't generally a colour I would wear on it's own, but the warmer tone of this polish makes it an interesting addition to any collection, and the tiny holographic glitter just catches the light perfectly.  I'm a proud Hufflepuff - anyone else?  I've used two coats and a top coat for this swatch.

Sparklea-Ravenclaw.jpg
 
Ravenclaw was the colour that caught my eye first in the collection as I love blue polishes, and when it arrived it didn't disappoint.  It's a bright sapphire blue with a slightly larger holographic glitter than Hufflepuff.  I'd originally thought there might be some bronze glitter flecks in this one for the house colours, but I don't think they'd stand out from the gorgeous blue base. As with my other swatches so far I have used two coats and a top coat.

Sparklea-Slytherin.jpg

Slytherin brings back the tiny holographic glitter in shimmery green base.  The glitter in this one is just amazing! It sparkles so much. Who knew you could like something Slytherin so much!? Ha ha! Again I've just used two coats and a top coat.

Sparklea-Floo-powder.jpg

Floo Powder is a stunning lilac based polish jam packed with various glitters, including holo, red, blue, and black.  What's not to like about this colour, and who wouldn't want a jar of this on their fireplace ready to travel the floo network?  I've used two coats, and a top coat. Due to the glitter this one is a bit more textured than the others, but nothing that the top coat didn't smooth out.

Sparklea-Mirror-of-erised.jpg

Mirror of Erised is a clear base loaded with silver and holographic glitter and the sparkle is crazy.  This is such a versatile polish; one thin coat makes it a perfect glitter topper over any other colour, but additional coats change the look completely.  You can see my nail line quite clearly here with two coats, so you could make it into a glitter french manicure if you wanted.  Three coats would give you pretty full coverage as the glitter is so dense.

Since this collection was released Lea added two more colours, High Inquisitor, and Dementors Kiss, unfortunately I missed out on them before they were all sold out, but I'm keeping my eyes peeled for a restock and any further additions.  Which colour is your favourite?

Thanks for stopping by

Aimée x

Sparklea-Harry-Potter-1.jpg

2 comments:

  1. Love this collection and I'm also excited for the restock as I NEED those 2 I missed and any others that come out!
    Ps, I'm currently rereading the books and love them even more.
    Vicky x
    @thepolishlist

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know right?! Need is definitely the word! Ah... so exciting that you're reading them again. I reread them all not too long ago and I couldn't put them down! Xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...