Monday 25 September 2017

Barry M Liquid Chrome

Chrome has been a big thing recently in the world of nails, and lots of companies have been bringing out gorgeous shiny polishes for us to keep our nails looking their best.  I have been sitting back quietly watching all the releases and being very good at not splurging, until now!

Barry-m-liquid-chrome.jpg

I caved when it came to these gorgeous chrome Barry M polishes, because... well just look at how pretty they are.  How could I resit?  I'm always impressed with Barry M Nail Paints, and this collection doesn't disappoint.

Barry-m-bright-lights.jpg

Bright Lights is a beautiful antique gold.  This has perfect coverage in just one coat, but I added a second coat to even out the brush lines.

Barry-m-rain-on-me.jpg

Rain on Me is a classic cool silver.  This one was a little more streaky on the first coat, so I added a second coat which evened everything out.

These two polishes are apparently very similar to Barry M's original Gold and Silver Foil.  I don't have either of these, so can't compare, but they aren't available anymore.  I always heard great things about the two originals, so if you missed out on them like I did, I'd suggest picking these two new metallic beauties up even if you weren't planning on getting all four colours.

Barry-m-razzle-dazzle.jpg

Razzle Dazzle is gorgeous dusky pink.  Perfect in one coat.  I love this shade, and I think it would work all year round.

Barry-m-glow-crazy.jpg

Glow Crazy is a very unique blue toned pewter colour.  Again this one great in one coat, but I added a second coat just to even out the brush strokes.  I think this is the perfect colour to take your through autumn and into winter.

As with all chrome polishes, the Liquid Chrome colours are very unforgiving on any flaws in your nails so you do have to be quite careful with your application to avoid bumps and imperfections. That being said, I didn't find that the brush strokes in any of the four colours were particularly bad.  The best thing I found about these chromes in comparison to others I've tried is that the colour isn't affected by top coat.  Where as others suggest not even using one, I was pleasantly surprised to find that adding a top coat to these just added extra shine and protection.

I decided to add some simple nail art to Razzle Dazzle, using perfectly matching gems, and the Barry M nail art pen in white for delicate dots.

Barry-m-razzle-dazzle-with-nail-art


Will you be adding any of the Liquid Chrome colours to your collection?

Thanks for stopping by

Aimée x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...