Monday 7 January 2013

Rimmel: Precious Stones - Ruby Crush

Hello all,

I decided to treat myself to a bottle of Rimmel Precious Stones in Ruby Crush.  It caught my eye sparkling away so I couldn't resist.  You can see it in the cover photograph at the top of my blog.

 

As you can see it is a gorgeous rich red sparkle polish with larger round particles of silver glitter.  The first coat was a little patchy in places and the polish is quite thick to apply, but after two coats it sparkles away beautifully.  It reminds me of Dorothy's shoes in The Wizard of Oz.  The polish dries very quickly which is a bonus, however it dries with a very grainy finish.  I finished my nails off with two coats of top coat and there is still a grainy feel to my nails and I am worried that this might mean it will chip quite easily.
 
I think this might be better for an occasion rather than an everyday colour, but fingers crossed it proves me wrong and lasts well.  I have nothing bad to say about the colour as it looks as good on my nails as it does in the bottle.

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review, helpful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome - I'm glad you found it useful

      Delete
  2. This really does look like Dorothy's shoes! Great review! (:

    Remia x
    http://stylesunday.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Remia - glad you like the review x

      Delete
  3. I love rimmel polishes, got to keep my eye out for this. So want to get this! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jenni Jen - It's a beautiful colour and did last better than I expected.

      I saw the grey Precious Stones one the other day and that also looks pretty.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...