Sunday 2 December 2012

Icy Blue Snowflake Nail Art

It's that time of year again.  I am feeling Christmasy as the decorations have gone up today - YAY! My nails over the next few weeks will also be festive for the season.  I hope you enjoy.

This week as it has been rather frosty and cold I thought I would go with a design that matched the weather.  I went with snowflakes on an icy blue background.

Icy-blue-snowflake-nail-art.jpg


The base colour for this design is a gorgeous duck egg colour from Marks and Spencer with Collection 2000 sparkly top coat over the top.  This gives a beautiful base for the design as it looks like a snowy scene.  To create the snowflakes I used a dotting tool to make three small lines on each nail in the shape of a star.  I then added a dot of polish to the end of each of the lines to make it look like a snowflake.  Adding in extra dots makes it look like there is falling snow around each of the snowflakes.

This is a really cute and easy design to try.  If you don't have a dotting tool you can use a toothpick to get the same effect.

Check back soon for more Christmas designs - I am already planning some others!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...