Monday 2 June 2014

MoYou Stamping with Pro 09 Plate

Hello all,

A while ago now I ordered four stamping plates from MoYou as I kept seeing lovely designs that other people had done using them, so I thought I would give them a go.  I went for the Kitty 07, The Pro 09, Tourist 02, and Scholar 05, along with the pink stamper and scraper set.  It's just the perfect colour for me!

MoYou-Stamping-platesjpg

I was really excited to try these and had my first design all planned with my Tourist plate.  I got all my polishes ready, tissue to wipe the scraper and clean the plate in between, and anything else I might have needed, but could I get it to stamp?

After my first failed attempt I cleaned it all up and put the plates away for a bit, but it seemed silly that I shouldn't be able to stamp, I couldn't be doing it that wrong.  So I got them out last week, as I had the perfect design on The Pro plate to go with a dress I wore to a wedding.  Again I got everything ready... no luck with stamping!  What was going on?

My boyfriend had a quick Google and found out that other people had found that the stamper was too shiny and it needed to be buffed down.  The polish wasn't being picked up from the plate.  So, not wanting to be defeated, I buffed the end of my stamper and all of a sudden - tah da!!! Stamped designs!

MoYou-stamping-with-pro-09.jpg

I chose a full nail design with flowers and vines.  My base is Snow White from Models Own and Stamping was done with Red Lustre Hypergel.  I am very happy with this for my first attempt as stamping and have been having a play around with one of my other plates since.  They take a bit of getting used to, but hopefully now that I know the trick I should get better.  I have found that using an old loyalty card has worked really well for scraping rather than the proper tool that I ordered.  So now I want to find a pretty gift card that I will happily keep in my nail box.  Now I just have to decide which plate to try next... You know what they say practice makes perfect!

Thanks for stopping by
Aimée x

2 comments:

  1. I've never tried stamping plates out before, but I've seen a lot of review of them recently and I'm thinking of buying some now! It's so weird how you have to buff the stamper before you can use it - at least you worked it out though! The design you've stamped it so pretty and I love the colour combination too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure it's meant to be buffed before being used, but when I looked at other peoples stampedes they all had a matte finish. So when my bf said that's what he'd found on a search around I certainly thought it couldn't hurt to give it a try!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...