Monday 24 March 2014

Polish Party: Spring - Pastel Flowers

Hello all,

It's Polish Party time again! Yay! This month we have voted for spring as our theme.  This is a really great theme and I think there will be lots of different designs as there's so much that you can do for spring.

I decided to go with pastel flowers.

Barry-m-pastel-flower-nail-art.jpg

If you read my blog regularly you will know know that this March I am doing a Barry M month, using lots of the colours that I haven't had chance to use yet.

I started with a base of Blueberry Ice Cream on my thumb, index and ring finger.  Then on my middle finger and little finger I used a base of Strawberry Ice Cream.  I did two coats of my base colours and waited for the to dry.  To create the pink flowers I used a dotting tool dipped into Pink Flamingo.  I dotted the polish on my nail and then dragged the polish inwards and repeated this five times to create the full flowers.  To add more interest I added in some flowers at the edges of some nails.  I did the same for the blue flowers using Blueberry Ice Cream.

At this stage the flowers looked more like starfish, particularly the pink ones, so to finish them off I used my Barry M nail art pen in white.  I added a dot in the middle of each flower and white details on the petals.  For the final touch I added in tiny white dots over my background colours.

I'm so excited to see what the other girls do for their spring designs.  Don't forget to visit their blogs as well to see all their designs by clicking the links below!



4 comments:

  1. Love these! :) perfect for spring!

    Rachel
    xx

    http://lustslovesandmusthaves.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I thought the pastel and flowers were very spring! x

      Delete
  2. This looks great and is perfect for the prompt! The flowers are so pretty! I love the colours you've used too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am really pleased with how they turned out! I love the colour combo and glad I didn't go with anything more complicated x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...