Friday 31 October 2014

Polish Party: Halloween - Zombie Nails

Hi all,

Last month you may remember that Polish Party turned one!  I can't quite believe that it's been that long and that more and more people want to join in all the time.  With the group being around for a year, that does mean that themes may once or twice get repeated... but with a theme like Halloween this month, I'm not at all surprised.  There are so many different designs you can do for it.  You can see my design from last year here.  I've tended to edge more on the cute side for my Halloween nail art before and you can see that with my Monstrously Mini nails as well.  This time round I decided to go for something a bit more gruesome with some zombie nails.

Zombie-nail-art.jpg

I am off to a Halloween party tomorrow and wanted something to go with my costume, and I came across the inspiration for these from watching HannahRoxNails over on YouTube.  The tutorial that she has done is really easy and quick.

I started by sponging on some dark purple from Rimmel called Trend Spotting and Grey from Barry M over my base coat.  Then before that dried I painted straight over it with French Rose from Rimmel, causing the purple and grey to streak.  This is a great effect on it's own because it gives a bruised and dirty look.  I then went over this with a matte top coat.  Next it was on to the blood.  I used Red Red Wine from Models Own with Cherry Brandy from Jacava over the top.  The blood is done by wiping off as much polish from the brush as possible and then dragging it across the nail.  I dabbed at the reds with the end of the polish brush to give a textured look.  The last step is to add a glossy top coat to the red only.

Hannah then gives a great tip to draw on some black eyeliner to your fingers and blend it out to give an extra zombie feel.  Of course you can see that I haven't cleaned up around the edges of my nails, as in this case it adds to the overall look.

I think I'll be all set with these nails for the party tomorrow.  What do you think?

Don't forget to take a look at what the other girls have created for this months Polish Party by following their links below.

Thanks for stopping by and Happy Halloween
Aimée x

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...